Monday, February 8, 2021

'Jelena'

There was sunshine and 50 degrees of warm today. I have a lot of snow to melt. 'Jelena' could not wait.














Always the first to bloom, 'Jelena' has been craving some good flower opening weather.














Today that kind weather showed up. By Thursday things will be different. Another cold front will be rolling through.













It is good to get up and go visit the witch hazels even if I have to trudge through wet sloppy snow to get there. That is one big reason I planted them, to draw me outside in the winter.














'Arnold' will be along shortly. He is the last to bloom. The red head 'Diane' is busy breaking bud.


2 comments:

Gypsy said...

Hello Christopher: Yes, those random days of warmth and sun are a blessing to enjoy. Arnold is such a neat name for a witch; I'll have to look it up. My D. odora aureomarginata, Mahonia, and winter honeysuckle are holding tightly onto their flower buds. Are they telling me something? If so, I'm listening as one would think they are just as good as Punxsutawney Phil when it comes to forecasting the weather. Gypsy

Christopher C. NC said...

They know.