Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Blue Poison

Things have turned wet after a nice sunny dry spell. Other than that the start of October has been rather uneventful, thank you, save for the murder suspect spotted a few mountains over. 














The Monkshood, Aconitum uncinatum I presume, is blooming and visible from my dry front porch perch among all the wet blue aster flop. This is a very late bloom time.














It is highly poisonous. I have a number of toxic and medicinal plants growing well in the wild cultivated gardens.














I planted the poison for the interesting deep blue flowers. Monkshood's poisonous relation, the Doll's Eyes, got planted for the cool toxic berries. No berries this year. The Doll's Eyes got stomped on or frozen the last couple years.














More wet is on the way. What else will October bring?


3 comments:

beverly said...

We can't buy any rain here in MD - send it up here! As for the murder suspect, maybe your watch-cats will get him??!

Christopher C. NC said...

I don't see how this giant blob of wet could miss you in Maryland. The guard kitties certainly know when someone is around before I do. I have a deer hunter for backup.

RobinL said...

The toxicity of the plant would scare me, but it’s hard to resist blue flowers. I have a Heavenly Blue morning glory in a container asking my front walk, and it has mesmerized me with its blooms for months now.