Friday, February 25, 2022

I See Crocus

The rain has been warm. The big yellow pot is still frozen. It will drain again in the spring.














Rain and cloudy skies do wonders for my secondary cataract eyeballs. I can see snowdrops far off in the wet.












It was warm enough after the rain for Button to go out for a walk with me.














To see the Witch Hazel in bloom which much to my annoyance has a visible browse line. Damn varmints.














At least it is from last year's browsing. I can't see any signs of flower consumption this year. The new branching that caused below the browse line has not had the branch tips chewed off ... yet.














The wet really makes the colors of the Under Garden of winter pop. It was like oh yes, that is what seeing color is supposed to be like. I love this picture of the garden. The Lay of the Land.














They are out there.














I see crocus. I also saw a black and white tuxedo cat running down the drive when I pulled in one afternoon this week. The markings were a bit unusual. Here kitty, kitty. A bit later I realized it was probably Pepe Le Pew. Here kitty, kitty. That makes me Mr. Magoo.


No comments: