Saturday, February 5, 2022

Mood Swing

After the rain melted all the snow, a thick fog rolled in for a day long visit.














I got called away midday by a flash flood in progress on a stream fed quarter acre pond at a client's house. There wasn't anything I could do but fiddle around the edge of the flow. I could tell from the high water marks it was ebbing down. All is well.

The fog was still thick when I got home. The snow was gone. I was literally inside a cloud. I wandered out to the garden.














I am impressed. I never would have expected the witch hazel blooms to come out of a winter blast looking half decent. Tattered yes, but that happens no matter with time.













The plan was to let things dry out before doing any garden work. That is still the plan. Maybe it will warm up a bit. The fog was getting cold.














The fog turned to a fresh layer of snow in the night. The witches got frozen once more. Snap. Right back to snow.


No comments: