Saturday, March 7, 2009

An Airing Out

All of a sudden it was eighty degrees. Three different thermometers, all in bad locations, concurred. It was close or over eighty degrees. Why aren't I hot?

The long underwear was shed. The windows were opened wide and a cleaning frenzy commenced on the first nice hot spring day of the year.

So warm, the anemones have begun to bloom.



I had to clean. The resident gardeners were returning for a weeks stay to put out their pre-emergent weed preventer across the ridge top garden. Three cats and a curmudgeon cooped up in a small house all winter can generate a few hairballs and some major dust gorillas.



In between dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, laundry and other tidiness related activities a little stroll was in order to remind myself of the really important things.

I have no recollection at all of planting these crocus that showed up in the front bed along my driveway. My best guess is that they must have been some unknown bulbs that fell out of the ground at Client #1's. They were a nice surprise to me.



The siding Fred and I did yesterday has covered most of the house of Lowes. I need to get some flashing on above the windows before I go higher and I think I can finish to the lower roof line without the scaffolding.



Once all this siding goes on, then it will be time to climb back up there and paint the whole thing. Perhaps I should keep that in mind while I have the scaffolding up to reach the top. Put it on. Paint it.



The resident gardeners house has a much lower profile than the cozy cabin. Square footage wise it is more than twice as big. The walkout luxury basement accommodations are not really discernible from this side. The View is from their deck.



This view of a living sky.



One day I will have to walk next door to visit The View.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that blue. The crocus also. Wish I could grow them here.
Cozy cabin is coming along. Just a little more on the outside.
View from resident gardener is gorgeous. I would be sitting there all day. I would never get tired of that wonderful view.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christopher! The Resident Gardener and Building Contractor are going to come home to many surprises. I can't believe how much siding you were able to do without scaffolding, but being alone and up high on a ladder on the side of a hill is not a good idea. I would be so excited with the gorgeous weather that I wouldn't mind opening up the house and doing the cleaning. I bet the Spot family was happy too!