Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Persistent Moist NW Flow

It has been snowing now for a solid week. Intermittently perhaps, but it has not missed a single day. I prefer taking the path over the hill into the forest, through the dale of the sunny utility meadow and around the bend of the roadside vegetable garden to walking along the scenic byway to get to the cozy cabin. The snow is getting deep though and I have been walking along the road more often. Frances from Fairegarden visited this path in what now seems like ages ago. It was certainly a different world back then.



There are things to do while the world outside endures a persistent and moist Northwest flow. The ceiling will be nice when the R-38 insulation is no longer in view.



The persistent and moist Northwest flow has kept two kitties fairly well captive inside. The snow on the deck that is approaching two feet in depth works just fine for taking care of business when there is no intent what so ever of spending any time out in that flow longer than necessary.



The persistent and moist and cold, did I leave out the cold, Northwest flow drops most of its snow during the night. There was another inch on my freshly hand plowed driveway this morning. It can just stay there for now.



The extended diagnosis is hinting there could be a little more sunshine and warmth in the coming week. I sure hope this persistent and moist Northwest flow takes a permanent hike before the resident gardeners get here to kitty sit while I am gone. I will get the house all cleaned and try to improve the functioning of the water system before they get here, maybe even a few other chores, but I can't help them if they get stuck in the persistent and moist Northwest flow once I am gone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks quite different in that idyllic pathway now than it did last October, Christopher, although still full of nature's magic. Thanks for the link love my friend. That northwest flow is bound to change direction sometime. The ceiling of the cozy cabin is looking mighty fine. I bet it smells nice too, I love that smell of wood. I hope there is a hard cleansing rain to take care of the kitty business on the deck before the babysitters return. A working shower would also be a plus. It is to warm up soon here, so they forecast. Hope the same southwest flow comes your way as well. :-)
Frances

Gail said...

Christopher your world is incredibly beautiful...Where ever you are going I hope it's warm and sunny...I think you need a break. gail

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! Have the Resident Gardners ever seen this much snow up there? Even if it starts to warm up tomorrow, I have a feeling it won't all melt by the time they get up there. Your ceiling is looking beautiful. I love it! Stay warm ~ I am praying for warmer weather to head your way.

Lola said...

The pathway holds charm in either season. It's so nice that you have it to travel at will.
Crawford doesn't seem to be very comfortable in that white stuff.
It will be a different situation at a later date. One that will be more pleasing for you, I hope.