Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow Fatigue

I dreamed I was a prisoner in Siberia



Locked in a deep freeze for eternity



An enchanted emerald forest forever frozen still



Except
Hidden denizens like translucent ghosts carry on
Against the white and more white background
Stenciled brown edges form substance
Form the frozen world



Far away



Far away in another land and time



The green world is waiting



Until after the next
Coming winter storm.

I could be counting daffodils
If not for being stuck in Siberia.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Chris, unbelievably beautiful in word and photo.
Sallysmom

Siria said...

I'm with Sallysmom! I feel guilty being able to garden here while you are surounded by the white stuff. Soon, very soon, it will be Spring and then Smmer.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

We are expecting more snow tonight too Christopher. I am beginning to feel the same way. I love those photos of the clouds hovering so close to the mountain. I could see how that might make you feel overwhelmed.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. Although I'm still in Florida; the projection of possibly another 20" in my Md. home is getting downright scary. If this is climate change, it ain't pretty.

bev

Lola said...

Gorgeous pics as usual. Love the ones with the cloud/fog hanging just below the top of the mtn. Absolute poetry in your writing. I do so enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I'm no stranger to the snow being from Winnipeg. Unfortunately, although I am sure it's cold there, you've got nothing on Winnipeg where there is always a few -40F days. Where I live now there is little or no snow, and I miss it sometimes. Maybe not enough to want to shovel driveways or sidewalks, but miss the frost and ice on trees, that cool crisp air, bright sun, and clear night skies.

Jeanine Davis said...

Beautiful pictures, Chris, but I think all of us in WNC can agree, "enough already!" There is green underneath the snow and ice just waiting to burst forth!