Monday, February 15, 2010

So Much For Bloom Day

February's Bloom Day has been ruined. Not even a snow drop has managed to make its way through this Colorado ski resort style snow pack that just keeps piling up higher and higher. The extended diagnosis shows no sign of warmth. I am beginning to think spring will be delayed.

Now it is a good thing you need not rely on me for a bloom fix. Carol has the goods.

I have nice red bricks.



The sun has been toying with me, making appearances between waves of snow filled clouds. There is even minor melting while the sun is about.

The second coat of primer on the drywall is done and tomorrow I will make a break for it to go fetch the last bit of lumber needed for the ceiling. The next project will be the sub-flooring for the tile. I really do not think I want to walk twenty eight pieces of that heavy stuff down a snow covered driveway. It may have to wait until I return from Maui.



A little trip to the tropics may be just what I need.

12 comments:

Siria said...

Oh Christopher...so sorry that your "Frosty" snowman is so sad there are no blooms for February Bloom Day! Soon you will be in the tropics and there will be many blooms I am sure! I'm sure you are getting tired of all that snow, but your pictures are beautiful!

Tira said...

Well you did get a pretty picture with the light on the tree trunks and snow...

Caroline said...

No, Frosty, no! It's hard for me to feel too sad for someone off to Maui. Check out the Hawaiian GBBDers, you have a lot to look forward to! Happy GBBD!

lostlandscape (James) said...

You might not agree with me, but after touring gardens all over and seeing lots of flowers, the white snow and gorgeous bare trees looks really refreshing. Tell Frosty life is worth living!

Christopher C. NC said...

Siria it is snowing now and may snow through Thursday. They are calling it prolonged snow showers.

Nicole when the sun comes out on fresh snow it is quite magical.

Caroline not to worry. Frosty is frozen stuck to the bench. Be sure to come back the first two weeks of March for tours of private gardens on Maui. I lived there for a bit.

James that photo of poor Frosty may have inspired me to make my first snowman ever. It never hurts to have another roadside attraction. Now what could I do to cause a stir with the rubberneckers?

Rainymountain said...

The snowman caught cabin-fever exactly, that is just how I feel about February! Lucky you going to Maui - I shall look forward to lots of pictures.

joco said...

Hiya Chris,
I love bricks. Just wondering what that chimney is doing in the middle of nowhere :-)

Lola said...

Aawww the beauty of the white stuff. Poor Frosty doesn't seem to be very happy just now. It won't be long he'll wish he was back right there sitting on the bench.
I'm sure looking forward to all the pic. of Maui. That will be paradise for you especially this time of the yr. with all the "dumps" you've had to work through.

Anonymous said...

That snowman makes me want to call 911! (: Your pix of the snow on the branches in previous posts are a great subsitute for bloom day. Maui sounds like just what you need; good timing!

bev

Lynn said...

Sad Frosty! You have been really hard hit with this El NiƱo winter. We'd like a little more of it up here if only to have enough to ski on (cause if it's going to snow, it ought to at least be usable snow). I recommend Vitamin D supplements while waiting for the sun. Have fun in the tropics.

Rose said...

Love your snowman! I think he qualifies as a bloom. Maui sounds like the perfect fix for the winter doldrums, especially this year.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

OMGosh don't jump, don't jump!!! Go to Maui and thaw out for awhile. Please do remember to come back.