Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Little Art

In the bathroom window. I'll be needing some shrubberies around that gas tank.


























A little trim around another living room window. All those outlets in the wall are for the communications center that will live in this corner.


























And a big chunk of ham with all the fixins for Thanksgiving dinner with my tree clearing neighbors. I brought roasted beets and parsnips pulled from the roadside vegetable garden this morning. The parsnips were gone before dinner was served. I think they liked them. The golden beets were also very well received.




















There is much to be thankful for today and most any day that you take the time to notice.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

6 comments:

lisa said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Sounds like you had a fresh and delicious dinner :)

Lola said...

Love the blooms on the bathroom window. Yup, some kind of shrubbery for a camouflage of the tank.

Oh my, it sure is looking like home.
I know a lot of work will get done in that corner. "Day dreams will count a lot". lol Window there you know.

I'm so glad you had dinner with someone. Sounds like it was a hit with your goodies.

Lola said...

I was just wondering---Do you plan on any kind of window dressings?

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am glad you had a good thanksgiving with your tree clearning neighbors. Your offerings sound delicious, no wonder they liked them. I agree, you need to hide the gas tank. Something evergreen I would think.

Christopher C. NC said...

Hi lisa. Happy Thanksgiving to you. I am working on my winter root crop skills. The parsnips can be left in the ground and harvested until March.

Lola I will likely get some levelor type blinds to fit inside the window frames. I may not do all of then though, the west side for sure.

Lisa I looked at the gas tank today and had a Pearl Fryar moment.

Benjamin Vogt said...

Oh no, I like he gas tank. Very modern. Looks like a, um, giant mushroom. Viburnum? Eh. Place is looking good.