Saturday, March 1, 2014

On A Semi-Sunny Day

The idea of bottle sections was ditched. Rocks were fetched. The new stone wall was finished.





















The bottle idea wasn't completely ditched. A few were used as if they were stones. It adds a bit more interest without robbing the wall of substance when viewing it from a distance.





















On a semi-sunny day some crocus opened half way.



























The switch back path is now improved. It gets scratched off the list. What's next?





















Sleep sounds good.

5 comments:

Lola said...

It looks great. I really like this. A few bottles placed occasionally tie it all together. You never cease to amaze me.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I do like the addition of a few bottles for color and contrast with the rocks. This way they look like little jewels amongst the rocks. Can't believe you have crocus already. Ice and snow yet here. WHINE...

beverly said...

I like it with mostly rocks, and a few bottles for interest is the cherry on top. Good eye. Yes, we are awaiting 8" or more. Will this winter ever end? I am buying succulents to console myself.

Christopher C. NC said...

Thanks Lola.

More crocus everyday Lisa.

Lucky me. This storm is going to just be rain for us according to the diagnosis. Yea right. We'll see what happens Monday night.

Rebecca said...

I like the idea of bottles mingled with the stones outlining the path....