Saturday, March 14, 2015

An Allusion To Sunshine

There was an allusion to sunshine for a short spit of the day.



























With sixty degree temperatures the crocus can't wait.





















Out in the garden I found signs of success. The native Trout Lily, Erythronium americanum, that followed me home last spring have returned. You never truly know a transfer was a success until the following spring. I did a lot of transferring last year.




















I took the day off and worked in the wild cultivated gardens. A whole bunch of chores got done. I wore myself out.





















All the grasses were cut down. A good bit of chop and drop was accomplished in the sunny utility meadow.





















It was no where on the list, just a vague notion for the future, but somehow a set of steps got built. Some times it is best to just forget the list. The list can be overwhelming. I find that when I just go, keep moving and do whatever strikes my fancy, the results are most satisfying. Progress.





















I gained some nice pieces of heiau when I went hunting for steps. I'll tote them later.





















The golden innards of crocus came into view during the allusion to sunshine.





















So did more of Hale Mana. Once the grasses go down, it is the most exposed I am during the year. People were waving while I lounged on the porch between chores. Just part of the scenery as the travelers move on along.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you had a good day in your wild cultivated garden....and are happily exhausted, courtesy of Mother Nature! Your Trout lilies proved they could handle the move.

Lola said...

At least they wave. lol.

Christopher C. NC said...

It was a productive day Dana.

Better than honking Lola that is for sure.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I keep expecting to see ET on that bike when I see it flying through the air. Your stairway will be nice when finished. Just remember to be fully clothed until the grass grows back. ;)

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa the steps are finished and I won't be going nekkid in the garden any time soon.