Thursday, March 5, 2015

Daffodils Rising

On a day like this





















I found the first signs of the great bounty of daffodils





















Rising from the still cold wet earth.





















They join the hundreds of crocus scattered across the mountain top, still waking.





















And snow drops blooming.



















The bulbs are coming and I never got around to the chop and drop. February did not cooperate.

















When the time is right the garden does not wait for unfinished chores.





















It moves on without me.
I will have to be satisfied with what eventually gets done.
Nothing can stop the daffodils now.


3 comments:

Rose said...

Beautiful signs of promise!

Lola said...

Seems nature waits on no one. Hope that you can get some of it done. I do like the buttercups.

Christopher C. NC said...

If it stays warm there may be daffodils blooming in two weeks. I might even get some chores done.