Thursday, March 26, 2015

Other Gardens I Tend

The bulbs are in full swing at Client#1's.





















Client #1 has two gardens I tend.





















This is the other one. The Magnolia stellata is in full bloom just in time for a big freeze.




















I haven't planted any new bulbs in this garden the last two falls. You can't tell the difference. He may have been sneaking in some new bulbs behind my back. It is hard to keep track in a garden packed full of bulbs.




















I switched him to daffodils after the great varmint harvest of the tulips one winter. The beds starting filling with bulbs permanently from then on.





















I finished early enough again today to add another twenty bags of hardwood mulch to the roadside vegetable garden. It is halfway done. I actually feel caught up with work after such a dramatic backed up start. I can dedicate April to new ponds and new plantings. I may even get some editing in. Come May, my regular schedule will resume in earnest.





















The spring ring of crocus is winding down.





















And while I was taking this picture I discovered something new, a circle of grape hyacinth in the Great Lawn that I completely forgot I planted. I'll have a smaller purple/blue circle next.



























I wonder how the Trout Lily is going to react to snow, possibly one to two inches, and temperatures in the 20's twice?





















It's nothing new. We do this every year. I expect we will do it again before April is over. Despite the regular assault a garden continues to form. In another month, the time of the Lush will have arrived.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your clients are very lucky to have you!

Lola said...

All will be ok. Limb fell out of dying tree lat night, woke me up. Due to have it cut down.