Wednesday, March 25, 2015

In Gardens I Tend

The new fountain is full and running at the Posh Estate #2. It is my hope that the construction worker dudes are done digging trenches through this one main entry bed at the least. I know they are not done stomping through it. We won't discuss what they have been doing to all the other newly planted beds.

I will be doing my best procrastination routine to delay planting the flowering perennials until the chaos there subsides. I will remain calm and breathe.





















One fall of Twin Falls Pond is up and running. The first test run went splendidly. The second fall needs to be rebuilt. Then it's all about arranging rocks. After that comes plants and fish. This will keep me busy while the construction worker dudes are stomping through all my newly planted beds.

I will remain calm and breathe.





















I calm right down the moment I pull into my driveway. I am the only person who is authorized to go stomping through any notion of a proper bed that you might find here.





















Then over the creek and through the woods to supper I go. There are calming sights along the way.





















After dinner there is time for a stroll through the ridge top garden where the forest floor is bursting with colorful life.





















The Puschkinia above and the Chionodoxa here have been self sowing dramatically. I thinks it helps that I have been killing off the Silver Lamium that used to form a thick ground cover in large parts of the garden.




















Chionodoxa and daffodils.





















There is a freeze and a chance of snow coming for Friday and Saturday. The bulbs usually handle that with no problems. Bud break for most everything else is still in a contemplation phase so all should be well with this freeze. April can be cruel though. The gardener always wishes for the best.

I will remain calm and breathe.


4 comments:

Lola said...

Oh my, stomping is not permitted. So glad you can become calm when you reach home.

Christopher C. NC said...

They stomp anyway Lola. The fence builders have been the worst.

Unknown said...

Thanks Christopher, for the names....Puschkinia and Chionodoxa are beautiful!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

AUmmmmmmm