Wednesday, March 4, 2015

In The Beginning

There is the barren ground covered in the remnants of the seasons past.





















The snowdrops are the first to push through.





















To make a clearing you have to begin some where. I have visions of asparagus and raspberries, cherries and plums. I see long rows of storable root crops and much fine produce. We made need a root cellar.

It is best to begin with one chore, even if it is one on a three to five year time scale. I'll have them dig a root cellar after the first crops go in.





















In the beginning of spring, on a 60 degree day, more crocus are opening their blooms.





















But winter is still lurking out there just over the border. Four days of spring is a good start.


4 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Who exactly will dig this root cellar?

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I can't wait for a 4 day spring. We haven't had exposed ground for 3 weeks now. I know spring is right around the next day...

Yes, who will dig this root cellar. I think I see a hint of rebellion already in your 5 year plan. tee hee...

Christopher C. NC said...

Sallysmom I won't need to worry about who digs the root cellar for many years. I'm just pleased there is a strong willingness to be useful. I try to direct that while accommodating Sister #2's stated desire for destruction.

Lisa it looks like my spring will be back on Saturday thank goodness. Rebellion is constantly bubbling at the surface. My suggestions may be listened to and considered, but it is clear I am not the boss of anyone.

Lola said...

I was wondering who was going to dig the root cellar. I'll take sunny days.