Friday, May 29, 2015

New Baubles For Miranda

There were clouds overhead so I was able to get a larger view of Twin Falls Pond without it being in half shade and half sun. The other fall comes down the old stone wall with rocks on top that projects out into the patio area in the right foreground.

Way back when the former estate was in it's glory days, that stone wall was likely a water sluice into the much larger former pond that filled the entire stone bowl the patio now occupies.





















One small depression is all that is left. I filled it with fish, including some fancy kind koi.





















Miranda got some new baubles. I'd be good with a few more smaller ones and even some that could float in the pond. Maybe we could get Chihuly out to do something really awesome.




















Miranda got more big shiny glass balls. I got big bold foliage with blooms. This is Rodgersia aesculifolia. I have four patches of them now and love them. They do well in shade, but can take more sun in consistently moist soil. That I got plenty of.



























I have bold striped grasses too, short and tall. The Variegated Feather Reed Grass is nice because it blooms early in June, way before most other grasses. The blooms stalks last all through the winter.

I planted ten more clumps of this in the Tall Flower Meadow on the slope below the cozy cabin. I look forward to seeing this new texture in the meadow and the winter under garden.


3 comments:

Lola said...

Lucky Miranda. Love it all.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Things in your garden are coming right along. I love the Rodgeria. Of course it's appeal is that I can't grow it. I don't have the moisture in the garden for it. Miranda is looking good with her collection of baubles. I am not good with glass in the garden. Heck I am not good with glass anyplace. ha...

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola Miranda is getting more settled in to her new ho,e/

Lisa I have that round glass table top out in the garden and still want another one. No troubles, yet.