Wednesday, December 7, 2011

How Quickly Things Change

It went from pouring rain to a blizzard in under ten minutes. The temperature dropped 10 degrees in about the same amount of time. I'll be going from trapped inside to encased in short order.



Good thing I got to town to turn in my dung boxes and back before the snow came. I hope turkeys don't eat grass too. This poor horse pasture is not looking so good. All this wet makes horse hooves that much more destructive too.

That was my adventure for the day, along with driving to town and back while mice were scurrying around inside the truck and on the dash board. Damn varmints! This is war. I bought glue traps for inside my truck. I caught one yesterday and know that there are at least two more still living in there. I tried to catch them by hand and only managed to pull off the tip of a tail. I have been tempted to feed them special candy bars made just for mice and live with the stench that is bound to occur.

Damn varmints! Maybe this is a sign I sealed up the cozy cabin so well they have been forced into plan B for winter accommodations.



The Creation gets an instant makeover in under ten minutes. Winter is its time to stand out. I will have something to gaze upon while practicing nothingness.



How much snow will fall in the night? The diagnosis says between one and three inches. The diagnosis also said it would change at 4pm and the change happened at 3pm instead. The weathers much like gardening is very location specific. It's probably not even snowing in town.

4 comments:

Lola said...

Easy shower here, temps fell, all around 2. Hope it's not a bad one for you.
ROFLOL, your varmints. Hope they don't decide to chew wires. They did my sil's antique. Talk about furious. Now he has a climate control building to keep his babies in. lol
Varmints, funny.

Dianne said...

On this side of the mountain, the rain turned to snow quickly and we got about an inch. Then it turned back to snow/rain and no more is accumulating. Enough to screw up the satellites for tv and internet, but a broom just took care of that. We received about three inches of rain, but there had to be more in the mountains behind us as we have water, water everywhere.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola the varmints are chewing paper in the glove box and my head rags for sweat that I leave in there. I hope that will keep them out of the wires. Damn Varmints! Mom said it's supposed to get down to 33 there. Brrr!

Diane by my various buckets I think we got about 4 inches of rain. The creeks and rivers were all running high. About an inch of stuck snow so far and still snowing at 9:30.

Lola said...

We had a lot of frost on roof tops. Course I didn't get up till 8:30. lol
Didn't realize we would have had that much. Things look ok. Geraniums still blooming. Roses too.