Monday, December 19, 2011

Just Looking

I stacked a few more rocks on the upper wall beneath the cozy cabin when I came home this afternoon. It's not quite done and needs more rocks to finish it off. The lower wall will get some touch up work after I fill the floor to the proper level with the gravel base. I need a load of gravel delivered to get moving on this. In the meantime I can fetch rocks I suppose.

From this angle I do believe there just may be a bit of wow going on. The basement patio is turning out rather nice. It will make a fine space for beverages and candle light suppers.



Then I just need to turn all this space into a garden that wows.



Give me a decade at least.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will happen.
Sallysmom

Les said...

I am sure it will one day, sooner than you think, be the wow garden you want. Will you leave any room for a pony, a sauna or a place to park a Mercedes?

Christopher C. NC said...

Sallysmom at some point all these little improvements and additions are bound to add up.

Les plenty room for a visitors Mercedes. The wood burning sauna can be a short hike down into the forest right on top of a huge boulder by the brook. Can use the cold water for a mini plunge pool. No pony. The herd of deer and flocks of turkeys will have to suffice.

Lola said...

Awesome. The wow will happen before you know it. You are fast. It all looks great. You have accomplished quite a bit in the 3+ yrs. It is slow going tho for 1 person. I know.
The deer & turkeys will be company of sorts for you even tho they eat all in sight.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is looking quite Wow-like. I know it will be wowzy in no time.

Laurrie said...

It's official: wow.

Even in the unfinished stage, your wall and basement sitting area and the way it all snuggles into the hillside like it was meant to be there --- it's all wow.

Anonymous said...

Agree with Laurrie; it's all wow! Those walls are fantastic. I don't know if you are on Facebook, but if so catch Plant Delights' page for a great photo of a Volkswagon made out of stones; hilarious!

bev

Fairegarden said...

...or a lifetime. It is already wow, even more so in person, then it is wowee!
xo