Sunday, December 18, 2011

That's Done

The sun just barely makes it over the top of Hebo mountain across the scenic byway to shine on the cozy cabin right now. Only five days to go until the winter solstice. It looks like I will keep the 10am to 3pm solar heating assist when it is available. Until the trees in the garden to be grow taller anyway. They have habit of doing that.



The new section of dry stack wall is done. That didn't take long at all.



I said it was going to be short. It is really more of a bed edging and path definer than a retaining wall.

It was a might nippy today. Dropping rocks on the dirt path sounded like rock on rock. The ground was froze solid. Good thing I cut my footing for the wall when I had the chance.



It was a might nippy out. Even in the sun, dumped bucket ice didn't manage to melt. You can't let a sunny day go to waste though, particularly when the winds not blowing.



Look mama there's a crazy man out there gardening in the dead of winter. Yes there is and he got one more thing done before lock down.



Now I just need to get the front and back porches painted before the company comes in May. And maybe a few other things.

1 comment:

Lola said...

A beautiful blue sky. Glad you got another job done before real cold weather sets in.
I remember those blue skies when it's cold out. Gardening is fine anytime. I did gather some lettuce, bell peppers/banana peppers. Made a wonderful salad.
Take care, stay warm.