Wednesday, December 21, 2011

In The Rain

It's rain not snow and somehow that just feels wrong at this time of year. But what do I know? I have only been here going on five winters now. That's not long enough to know real winter patterns in these parts. I certainly can't expect them to be exactly the same every year. Better rain right now anyway.

Rain or snow I linger inside looking out my windows. I need to burn that brush pile.



I heard noises and looked outside. The resident turkeys were making a fluffing attempt to dry off during a brief respite in the rain. I see or hear them most every day. I am on their regular pecking route.



Well it's not raining. Maybe I can get a better picture of the turkeys and check the mail. No mail. No more turkeys. They disappeared over the crest of the hill.

Instead a picture of the amber waves of the front roadside bed will have to do for this brief excursion in the rain.



That was quite an adventure.

3 comments:

Lola said...

Wow, turkeys. That's nice. It is a great feeling to take a walk after it's stopped raining for a spell. Things all washed & clean for that special view. Glad no snow for now.

Anonymous said...

Have you always had turkeys come around or is this something new?
Sallysmom

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful picture and should be massed produced print.