Friday, July 27, 2012

High Summer

The katydids have begun. For the next six weeks at least the nights will be filled with the quite loud, rasping, cricket like sound of katydids looking to mate. I will know it is autumn when the quiet nights return.




















In the meantime much blooming remains to be done.


























The family Asteraceae wakes new members to fill high summer and take us to the edge of winter.




















One day a cozy cabin may be surrounded by a more garden like setting instead of what looks like an unmowed hay field. Maybe. Organizing chaos is not a simple task. I may need to get ruthless and I don't know if I have it in me. Perhaps by doing it slowly it may not seem so ruthless.


























But it will get done. The gardener presses on because that is what gardeners do.


























The 'aina's dress will be transformed for a short lifetime, holding back the forest until it once again returns.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Until you can "organize" it....why not just "embrace" it? At least in the photo, there is a certain magnetism/attractiveness to your "chaos"...

Lola said...

I totally agree with Rebecca. The noise from the bugs in late summer is the only thing that I did not like.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

I love your meadow. Organize it? Might as well try to harness the wind. ;-)

sallysmom said...

I love that last pic!