Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Sweet Pea Cupani

The second attempt to grow this was successful. Good thing I held some seeds back. What I had discovered was that some things don't take well to the leftover road salts from winter snow plowing.


























This year the sweet pea Cupani was planted on the new trellis with the morning glories which also succumbed shortly after germination when planted on the rickety split rail fence along the scenic byway where the road salts accumulate. My new trellis is coming in very handy.

4 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Pretty bloom. I got some Sweet Peas and none of them bloomed. Guess my spots for them weren't the best.

Lola said...

I love those Sweet Peas. Sure wish they would do here. I remember them when I was a kid.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Yay...What a beauty.

Cheryl K. said...

My grandfather grew sweetpeas and he would always give a blossom each to my sister and me.