Thursday, July 19, 2012

Raccoon Number Three

Was relocated to the same lovely stream side accommodations as racoons number one and two. It was a fine place for them to get a drink and take a bath after their tasty late night corn dinner went horribly awry.

The trap has been reset with cat food and sweet potato skins. There was no more used corn for bait. Three nights, three raccoons.




















If I keep catching raccoons at this rate I really might get to eat all of my own sweet corn this year. Imagine that.




















I sure hope ten miles closer to town is far enough out of the wilderness to keep them entertained and that they don't get home sick. Damn Varmints!!

7 comments:

Lola said...

At this rate you could be transporting Racoons every day. Maybe you will get a chance to enjoy your sweet corn. I hope so. Mom will fix it good.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I hear of a raccoon being relocated over here, I laugh because I figure other people are bringing them back. Most of ours go to National Forest land. Good luck on your corn. I was so late with mine, I am hoping that it actually makes a few ears.

Dianne

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I do wonder how long this will keep up.

Diane the thought certainly has entered my mind that I could be playing musical raccoons. It's also a little pay back for the dog dumpers.

Barry said...

I agree with you, Chris, especially if you catch them en flagrante with the corn. I see the balance shifting from 3, 4, or so extra critters excess to your area being given a chance at maybe stabilizing a relative dearth in another area better suited to them. Of course, you mebbe could try your hand at making coon-skin hats!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for fighting back against the varmints!

bev

Siria said...

You have to have a license here to catch and relocate wildlife. I hope those critters stay away!

Christopher C. NC said...

Siria my pesticide applicators license will have to suffice. I was doing a little reading on the subject and Pomaika'i is right, relocation is not recommended. Euthanasia is the preferred method.