Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bloom Day At The Posh Estate

It is nice that I have a place to go where I can garden properly in a proper garden. It makes for a great comparison to my garden life at home.




















The estate was bought about two years ago. The exterior posh is still a work in progress as the gardens are expanded and refined. That's where I come in.




















This bed used to end halfway up the slope behind the two mature lavenders. Struggling roses filled the top of the bed and it was a grass slope above. Something more pleasing to look at from the kitchen window was wanted. The bed was enlarged  to get rid of the hard to mow grass. The roses were ditched. New shrubberies for all season interest were planted and short dry stack stone wall and flagstone path leading up the hill were put in place. Purple coneflower were planted in the lowest part of the bed. For some odd reason the two dogs eat them like a couple of rabbits.




















Found Objets de were placed in the new bed and planted. A weeping cherry will anchor one corner of the new planting. It will be fun to watch things grow in a properly mulched bed.


























Bird houses flock together.




















A new perennial bed was installed by BB Barnes Landscape Company as part of the landscape around the new barn. It's a fifteen foot drop to the bottom of that wall. I have to be careful when I weed.




















It's filling in nicely and I have already found seedling lupine, verbena and salvia. I encourage that by dropping the seeds when I dead head.




















The new barn at the posh estate. The horses live on the second floor.




















The new landscape below the barn is all about shrubs and groundcovers, not perennial flowers thank goodness. This is a very steep slope. Once it fills in it should need only a minimum of maintenance. Gardy is all for that.




















My next little project is to turn this dry steam bed into a real babbling brook with a pond. I'll be needing more rocks.




















That's your August Bloom Day from the cool mountains of WNC. For more blooming action visit Carol at May Dreams Gardens.

7 comments:

Les said...

The house is nice, but that is one handsome barn.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Happy GBBD. The Posh is grand. Be careful weeding above that wall.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

I paid close attention to the slopes, very nice!!

Lola said...

Great looking posh. That is some barn. Do be careful weeding. Would like to see the stream when it is finished.

sallysmom said...

Beautiful in its own way. But your place is beautiful too.

Dianne said...

I have such barn envy.

scottweberpdx said...

I want to live there...even in the barn!