Friday, August 3, 2012

Joe Pye After A Downpour

I can't complain about the rain too much. Rain is good and our supply of it has been ample. It has been coming more often than not in one and two inch increments in an hours time though.Gully washers are the norm. I can't tell you how many tiny streams and storm drain channels I have seen gully washed and scoured clean. At least these downpours don't take up the whole day and my work is not affected much

There is a lot of annoying perennial floppage going on from these heavy rains. Joe Pye at least continues to stand tall.


























Tuberose blooms on the porch. A summer tall flower meadow that can use larger drifts of color takes shape behind it. Joe Pye is seeding abundantly, just not where I want them. Everything wants to flow down hill. I want Joe Pye uphill. Joe will have to be transplanted up there at some point.


























But tomorrow I think I will dead head the chicory. It is done with the major bloom for the year. The roadside bed needs to be readied for the fall showing of the Sheffie Mum and Pink Muhly.

3 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Your gully washes come down stream to us. We get a lot of the down river from the rains in the mountains. You could just send me some of your Joe Pye Weed....could use some more!!

Lola said...

That Joe Pye sure is pretty. We have plenty rain. Don't need your gully washes. We have our own. lol

Rose said...

Your Joe Pye is gorgeous! The blooms are so much brighter than the one I have. Gullywashers...downpours...what are those?? I've forgotten what rain looks like:)