Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fishing For Outrage*

My anonymous interlocutor in the sticky glue trap mess has been as busy as the vermin forever trying to gnaw their way into my house. No one had expressed the proper rage about my devilish behavior in the original post, so by god, it was their duty to have some delivered.

It started in a 4chan.org forum on Saturday, July 28th. No one replied or commented to the post there and it has already scrolled off 10 pages of posts. It took me some time to figure out how that forum worked.

Well that wasn't satisfying enough even though foul comments had begun to arrive at my blog post from there. Next a post was made at the Dragon Cave forum. The post there only generated one comment and is now on page 10. What does a person have to do to get people outraged? By then I had switched commenting to moderation to screen out the filth.

My second post on this sticky wicket on the 29th in which I attempted to set some guidelines coincided with a third posting in a third forum under a third name by my determined interlocutor. Finally, at StarDestoyer.Net a conversation on my evil ways took off. This forum says it is the place to get your fill of sci-fi, science, and "mockery of stupid people." Well I can't fault them for that. Often, much to my dismay, I find myself mocking stupid people.

Sadly, by the second page the conversation at StarDestoyer.net took a turn into philosophical babble. The outrage dissipated. My poor interlocutor.

Sitemeter was having a meltdown on Sunday while all this was happening so it was hard to track where all this was coming from. I feel confident though that the vermin lover is in Australia.

By the end of Monday the 30th the righteous indignation was petering out. I was tiring of the whole thing and set new comment guidelines. My interlocutor sputtered and whined under a new anonymous name. In reality not many more indignant comments were even coming in.

Tuesday the 31st only brought in a few anonymous profanities, nothing of substance like I had asked for. My poor interlocutor.

Not a single one of these people who felt the need to castigate me had the balls to leave a link to their real online identities. They scurry around in the dark crevices and caves of the world wide web, places I have never been, like so much vermin, afraid to show their true faces. Their behavior towards me is so acceptable, their righteous indignation so superior that they will anonymously stand by their right to rage.

I do have to wonder too how many of these anonymous were actually the same person.

Hey you in Australia, you feel so strongly about this, why can't you tell us who you are?  

Or are you "a true coward"?

This morning I woke to see post number four in a fourth forum was bringing traffic to view the sad plight of vermin at the hands of a monster. Same interlocutor, fourth forum, fourth name being used. The Big Footy forum is in Melbourne Australia. It looks like it is for soccer fans, but a nice conversation was started on my lack of empathy for vermin.

Obviously something needs to be done. It is time for a Mini Mouse Auschwitz. If I am going to add killing to the process it will need to have factory like efficiency. It just so happens I got two more mice in my truck last night. One was already dead. The other one was only half stuck, so I made a Sticky Mouse sandwich to secure it in place and headed to the factory.

I give you the Killing Pool. Happy now?





















* Real live mice were executed for this blog post.
And I still don't give a rat's ass about how they feel.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOkaaayyy.

That was a beautiful sweet pea yesterday. Can we get back to gardens now?

Dianne

ps....I think my kitty is quite the mouser. oops......

Anonymous said...

That there's 3 different sites questioning you, perhaps it is best to just admit that you're wrong doing that.

Anonymous said...

More power to more stickey traps!!!

Delphine said...

No, not happy at all. This post is ugly, Even if i don't understand half of it.(that's better for me)
Some gardeners can love garden AND animal. Glue is really a crual way to kill them.
In France, we are proud to love cute mices and rats. In the name of our national Ratatouille, i put your blog off from my blogroll.

Lola said...

Go get 'em. I loved the Sweet Pea bloom also.

Christopher C. NC said...

TL;DR Anonymous #1? That is four forum posts by the same person.

That is fine Delphine. Glad you enjoyed my blog until now. The truth is everyone has to deal with a little ugliness in life from time to time. Kudos to you for not being anonymous.

Christopher C. NC said...

Crickets. I am hearing crickets. Has my Australian interlocutor gone silent? No one wants to defend fishing for outrage?

Barry said...

Australia? Have they not seen those bizarre hordes of vermin that destroy Aussie farms, like a plague of furry locusts? Have the gutless/clueless no shame? No, I bet the Eisenia defenders will rise up in outrage over the awful practice of impalement and drowning, too. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Pomaika, why would you impale a mouse?

Yes, I'd say drowning is an awful practice, even though it might be a necessary evil. It's not fun drowning an animal, and seeing it struggle for its life.

Stephanie said...

:) You make me happy! Standing up for yourself, and taking the time to hash it out. I agree with no love for vermin and the like. They get in my house, destroy my things, and harass my child. Rats/mice bring disease and potential physical harm to humans. I would kill a dog if it was going to attack me or mine, so why not a mouse?

Diane said...

We should limit suffering whenever possible. To do otherwise, is inhuman. I don't think you can make an argument that having something suffering is better than having it not suffer. It isn't. Suffering sucks, we've all experienced it I'm sure. Assuming the notion of suffering is bad, then inducing it is also bad unless you have a really, really good reason. But you don't. You can be rid of the pest in a more painless way, yet you make it suffer anyway. Because you don't care? That's not nice, that's downright mean. Are you a mean person? Sure looks like it.

Mice feel pain, and can suffer. That's a good enough reason not to cause more than necessary. Animal welfare concern comes from being a compassionate human being, you don't seem to be compassionate at all. You're like a cold, hard shell of a human being. Unfeeling. Lacking of remorse. Put yourself in the animal's position - how much would it hurt? How frightened would you be? Plenty. You'd probably wish to die. What we do to lesser beings is a good reflection of our character, especially when they're helpless. A mouse in a glue trap is exactly that. It's stuck and in pain, and you know it.

You should be ashamed to cause so much suffering when you could just as easily reduce it. So pointless and crude, do you have any decency and respect? At all? Disgusting.

Christopher C. NC said...

Diane/Dennis/Cale Breeze/Jasmine darling/etc., etc., etc., aka SYBIL in Sydney, New South Wales your behavior has long since moved past the pathological. You need to let this go for your own good. I am asking you to cease and desist. Both Australia and the US have laws against cyber stalking and harassment. I have your IP address and internet service provider information.

Just because you choose to remain anonymous in comments from cowardice does not mean you will remain anonymous. Using a fake link from Diane Ă–zdamar's photo shop doesn't hide your Australian IP address and origins.

I'll be sending the real Diane a note to let her know someone is impersonating her on the internet.

Again, for your own good you need to let this go, Mack.