Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Good Mow Job

The wild Phacelia purshii is in full bloom in the ridge top garden next door. It is a sight to behold.





















After the spring bulbapaloozathon, the end of May is this garden's next big extravaganza.





















I whacked the paths over there today. Nothing is better for my nerves than freshly mowed paths. Otherwise the garden is truly overwhelming. With clear paths, all weeds are forgiven.





















All the bearded iris are having a decent year. That happens about one in four. Just decent. There is not enough sun for a spectacle of iris.





















Lorelei the Reliable is the exception. The giant rhododendron are also in bloom. Tomorrow there will be a full tour.





















I got a hankering to mow my own paths when I got home after my mowing and logging chores next door. Truly, freshly mowed paths do wonders for my nerves.





















It is almost impossible to think I manage to keep three acres of wild cultivated gardens looking rather sharp in my spare time. It's what I do.





















I get two fat spears of Smooth Carrion Flower, Smilax herbacea every year. This is actually an herbaceous vine. Even better, is is thornless.



























The one hundred and fifty foot long sweeping arc of hosta is coming along nicely.



























I added in a few more that I acquired from Bulbarella's discards by the cracked pot. The sweep needed a bit of smoothing as it crossed a path.





















My world is Lush and Green again.





















The paths were mowed. Creation got its first haircut. I still couldn't bring myself to mow the Great Lawn. Maybe next time. Lawns are for June.





















But it was a very good mow job.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Ah yes, the mowing gives the garden such good definition.