Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Very Full Plate

The universe is a marvelous thing. I picked up two new clients while I was in Florida and may have a third new client by Monday. I am approaching full employment at the exact time it becomes more of a necessity. Sadly it seems, my sabbatical is really about to end.



There are a few items left to attend to in the cozy cabin. I accosted the AT&T guy at his phone line command center at the bottom of the mountain this morning and acquired the name and number of the boss man whose go ahead is needed to run a new section of buried cable so I can have a working phone. Tomorrow I will go harass the gas company before heading to work. I'll work on the plumbing repairs on my day off. An electrician and a surveyor need to be called.

That's how things may be for the near future. The cozy cabin will get squeezed in somehow or come last on the list.



My duties as assistant gardener, resident handyman and house boy are now etched in stone and more needed than ever. I have one house still struggling to come to life and a second house where constant vigilance is needed to keep it alive. My plate is full.



I tell myself nothing has really changed. There will be something that needs doing seven days a week just like it has always been, only for more people in more locations. No need to panic. Just do what's in front of you and keep moving forward.



I'll need lists. Quite a few lists perhaps.

6 comments:

Siria said...

Hi Christopher!
I'm happy to see new clients coming your way. That is great news! I hope the hurdles to get the phone installed go smoothly. The garden is looking so beautiful!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Hang in there. You will get all organized and be able to shuffle the full deck. Love the columbine.

Lola said...

All will be fine Christopher. The more clients you have the better. You will find the time to take care of it all. This is your love & enjoyment.
I hope the phone man & gas man will come forth.

Anonymous said...

The busier you are, the better it will be. It leaves very little time for contemplation.
Sallysmom

Anonymous said...

I can tell from the meticulous way you built the cabin that organization is your forte, so I am sure all this busyness will be no problem. And full employment is always a good thing, especially at a job you love. Hope your heart lightens as you move forward.

bev

Fairegarden said...

You can do this, you have done it before with the client and time juggling. You might have less free time, and have to become more disciplined with scheduling. You can do it!
xo
Frances