Wednesday, April 18, 2012

AsThe World Turns Green

We have had two and a half inches of rain in the last 24 hours. Thank you. It was needed.



It rained all night and all day long. I never got much past the front porch today. This is the world I see from my front porch, turning greener by the day.



It threatens to disappear the Creation. I am going to take a weed whacker to that. I want it visible for the visitors in May. In time I will change the species to lean in a short meadow direction. Wish me luck with that kind of nonsense. The Lush is a powerful force to reckon with.



It will be easier to fill this pot with the Rain Lilies, (Zephyranthes) bulbs that arrived mysteriously in the mail from a friend as a late birthday present. I knew I would find something fun to do with this big glass jar when I brought it home with me. I have the pot. I have the bulbs. Now I just need some good peat based potting soil and not the usual composted bark crap that most places sell as potting soil. I hate that stuff.



The world is turning green and I am liking it very much.

6 comments:

Lola said...

Glad you got some liquid stuff. It sure will help. Makes everything look so clean & fresh. Love that pot situation. How nice to receive something like that for your special day.

Christopher C. NC said...

I have some daffodils marked for you Lola. It's on my list.

Cheryl K. said...

"The Lush is a powerful force to reckon with." That could qualify as the Understatement of the Year around here. I'll be watching you develop your ideas about a short meadow. We started with the idea of a wildflower meadow over the septic area. It was a nice idea but we don't have the skills to recognize the difference between what's good lush and what's not so good when the plants start out - especially since the seed mixes change from year to year. Then as the lush takes over, and the plants become more easily identified, we definitely lack the physical ability to maintain it.

Lola said...

Finally got the liquid last night & early this a.m. Thank you for your list. Got some transplants must get done today. Have a great one.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I see those mayapples heading down the hill. Look out! The rain is such a blessing, especially after a freeze, when the poor plants need all the help they can get to put out new growth.

Gail said...

It's a good time of year...