Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Trilliums

I tell myself as long as I have good bone structure the menagerie of plants that collects around me will work out fine. And as the plants start to number more than the weeds and gain in size I can rearrange them as needed to mitigate the plant zoo effect. In the mean time I can just enjoy them.

The Clothesline Iris now blooms in the cabin side bed. A small piece of it fell out of the ground and followed me home.



I do take many gardening hints from nature as seen in the wild forest where everything is planted in massive intermingling drifts. Thousands of trilliums now carpet the forest floor.

It will take time and lots of division and propagation for me to get to drift status for some things.



Thousands of trilliums, except for this red Trillium erectum of which so far I have only found two.



Plenty Trillium catesbaei and T. grandiflorum. I need to move some of them into the garden becoming.



These are the showiest trilliums we have.



They can join the Trillium cernuum already there.



I probably shouldn't worry to much about the plant menagerie that gathers around me. The one next door is over powered by the wild forest setting.



There is too much to take in in one viewing. Every visit is a botanical treasure hunt and some how it all works just fine.

6 comments:

Lola said...

Gorgeous. Mother Nature sure knows what she is doing especially with a helping hand.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I want to help nature have big drifts of the white trilliums in the forest on the other side of my driveway.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a splash of trilliums. Fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I love trilliums. I finally got some started. I planted them last spring and they returned this spring. Sadly, the mayapples did not. That's another one I adore.
Sallysmom

Siria said...

Gorgeous!!! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I have some real trillium envy. I think I only have one color, but I have not found any red ones. I will have to keep looking but mine are all in the woods, wild.

Dianne