Thursday, April 5, 2012

They Will Be Here Tomorrow

I stepped outside after two torrential downpours and the warm out there while I took these pictures had vanished. This is the kind of cool that can make daffodils last. I suspect they will still be blooming tomorrow unless this next line of storms massing at the border should decide to be rude and hail.



Now the diagnosis is calling for a low of 36 and patchy frost, just like April should be, except all of the shrubberies think it is May if not the first of June.



I see the highs for early next week are in the upper 50's, round about what the lows have been for the last few weeks.



If I am lucky the rhododendrons and everything else on this mountain will rethink their options in this Dogwood winter that is coming. Near freezing is all we can handle.



Bulbarella will return to April weathers in a May garden. There are lots of things blooming at the moment and that is all that really matters for tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lola said...

It all looks fine. I hope the weather stays nice for the return of the resident gardener. She will be welcomed home with all that beauty.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I hope lows in the 30's don't freak out all that Florida blood.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Lucky Bulbrella, the cool weathers will slow some things so she will get to enjoy them. The same weather is passing through here. I had to drag in the indoor plants that I had already set out.

Siria said...

Welcome Home Bulbarella! Enjoy your beautiful garden awakening...