Saturday, February 4, 2012

Rainy Day Taxes

There have been no blizzards to keep me trapped for days on end. Just ample rains I have always managed to work around. It seems as though that spring has stirred. The phone has begun to ring. With little time left to do naught, a rainy day tax marathon began.

2009 and 2010 got the cipherin' part done and the rough, my copy of the forms filled in. Yes I am a little behind. It is hard to get motivated when your income doesn't even get you half way to reaching the official poverty line. But guess what. I still owe the gubmint some tax money. And there are people out there who think poor people don't pay any taxes. Hogwash.



I sort of intend to tackle 2011 tomorrow. Let's hope the sun doesn't come out. I'd rather haul rocks than do taxes. I already know the bad news. In 2011, after three years of delightfully unfortunate underemployment, I breached the official poverty level by about $2000. I'm going to owe the gubmint even more money that I don't have. Now I might even qualify to pay the state of NC income taxes.

I have been eyeing this rare level piece of ground for years, dreaming of the day when it would be set free of debris. I just might spread my dung over this flat ground in a foot thick sheet and fill it full of tubers and root crops.



Come fall I'll be needing some good recipes for gruel.

3 comments:

Lola said...

Oh yea, that nasty time of yr. I do like your idea of the flat property.
My newly planted greens are up. Will have to watch them carefully & water. Not long to plant potatoes. Hope they do better this yr.
Hope you don't get any of the snow storm that is coming your way.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola at this point they are suggesting a few snow flurries for Monday morning without it even getting down to freezing temps?

Dianne said...

I will put off my tax preparation for a while longer. By the end of the month, I will be in "gotta do it" time. No snow please! I have enjoyed this beautiful Spring Winter!
My critters are comfortable, my bulbs are blooming in the hollers and coming up on the mountain. Life is good. Now for Eli to win another Super Bowl.