Friday, February 3, 2012

Taking A Sledgehammer To Creation

The fine tuning of Creation got a little start today. I took a sledgehammer to one of the really big rocks in the foreground of the right eye. It was too big compared to the rest and had been bugging me for some time. I made it smaller. It's not like I could move it anywhere. After this picture was taken I took a sledgehammer to it again and made it smaller still. I think some more adjustments are in order before my compulsiveness is satisfied.



The permanent fire pit was enlarged and shifted forward a bit. Yes it is big and so is my rubbish. Plus it needed to fit in with the overall scope of Creation.



We can call the new fire pit the Misplaced Bindi. I love the symbolism involved with the bindi. It couldn't go in the right spot because a path is going to go right through the brow of Creation. I even pulled rocks out of the brow for the path so you won't have to step over them.



The Creation does not have quite the same effect from down below. It is going to take some major creative thinking to make all this work with an actual garden of plants. I want the experience at ground level to be just as interesting. There is bound to be some trial and error.



In the season of vegetation the Creation will recede into the Lush. There really is no way around that. How much is the question. I like to think of the future plantings as being the colorful baubles of Creation.



I hauled rocks today. My new flat rocks that will be used as capstones for the basement patio's retaining walls were floated uphill. It will be easier to plot, plant and edit with a blank slate around the snake in the grass.



A busier world crawls by on the scenic detour above while I haul rocks below. Someone driving by had to have seen me beating rocks with a sledgehammer. Just the interactive facet of the roadside attraction high on the low spot folks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That snake is amazing.

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

I have been away from the blogosphere for awhile. I will have to read some of your past posts because I really like this creation happening.
nellie

Anonymous said...

I kind of like the idea of the Creation only being visible in winter; it will make its reappearance fresh and new each season. Besides, to try to keep down the lush around it would be a killing job. You have enough to do!

I love the way all the rocks around your place are beginning to create a coherent whole; especially in concert with the walls.

bev

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am lovin' that snake. It is quite lively. The Creation from above is most interesting too. I can't wait to see how it is planted.