Friday, February 13, 2015

A Cold Day In Tax Hell

I was running out of excuses and couldn't think of any plausible pressing matters worthy of procrastination on yet another day too cold to venture outside for any length of time. The cipherin is done. My copies are filled out. The taxes are almost done.

The official mail in, signed, sealed and delivered copies will get filled in next. There are plenty of as cold, more cold and snowy days ahead, so that can wait for another day when my form filling mind is refreshed.

It was time for a stroll in the now sunny cold after the hours long session of tax crap. Unexpected melting was going on.





















Going out to look into some deep red seemed appropriate after the tabulations were done. Red ink is not allowed on the official form.



























I hadn't even noticed the sun came out. The morning started a somber grey like it was contemplating more snow. When I eventually looked up, I was surprised by how much of yesterday's snow had disappeared.



























The snowdrops are in their element in this inclement winter weather. Another polar pulse is scheduled to arrive tomorrow evening. Next week is looking even snowier and not a bit warmer.

I need to go check on my fish ponds before the next pulse arrives. My new pond rebuild is currently on hold until the ground thaws out. A lot of things are on hold right now.





















Sunshine and melt meant there was going to be a forced march no matter what the temperature actually was. I have to give the beasts credit. They have been pretty calm for being stuck inside so much.

Still, a nice walk about helps break up the tedium and will always do us a bit of good.


5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Doesn't it feel good to get the taxes done? Almost as good as a walk about.

Sallysmom said...

How on earth do you herd 3 cats? 1 was hard enough for us.

Christopher C. NC said...

Yes it does Lisa and it will feel even better when I put them in the mailbox. The forecast for the entire week is snow and cold. Chances are good it will happen soon.

Sallysmom, I just say,"let's go for a walk." and they follow. It starts when they are kittens and have a natural affinity to stay close. Coyotes and cold make it easier. They seem to enjoy it.

Rose said...

Glad you were able to get your taxes done in time to enjoy a little sunshine. Looks like "the beasts" enjoyed it, too:)

Lola said...

I agree with Rose.