Saturday, February 7, 2015

Two Shades Of 'Diane'

I did not arrive high on the low spot of a North Carolina mountain top with the predetermined notion to become a roadside spectacle. As I went about the business of making a home and garden, it just became apparent that is what was happening. Living so close to the scenic byway made it inevitable I guess.






















There was another little problem too. I see things. When the land gave me rocks, it made perfect sense to build monuments, monuments that would give the new garden some structure, monuments big enough to be seen from the scenic byway.

I may have also encountered a few bad influences or was it inspiration on my journey here. If my destiny was to become a roadside attraction, then I was going to embrace it.



















I finally started up a new chainsaw that was bought almost a year ago and started cleaning up the larger dead fall that has come down in the last few months. I even attacked a huge log that had been hanging on to its tree trunk for years and annoyed me every time I walked by it.

Wouldn't you know it. I see something in the splintered section of trunk that came down. This could be turned into another art project. I see art in all kinds of things.



























This is a garden first, but of course the plants must also be part of the spectacle. When the Witch Hazels grow into large shrubs they will most definitely be visible from the scenic byway as bright red and gold shocks of color in the most unexpected barren time.

It is difficult at times to get the flowers in focus. Miss Dinah is grabbing the spotlight instead. The kitties haven't been outside all day in weeks until today.




















Better focus. 'Diane #1 is red red.



























The other 'Diane' has more orange in the petals. Don't ask me why.






















Those colors will flow just right with the colors of the cozy cabin and another monumental structure built with all the rocks laying around. I have organized a lot of rocks.



















Creation is the monument I see most. It was sited so it could be seen from the cabin above. The Nazca Lines in Peru were an inspiration. It is partially visible from the scenic byway during the barren time.

And much to my amazement Creation got some world wide exposure on the final day of Andrew Sullivan's blog, The Dish.





















That is almost equivalent to Creation being seen from outer space. It's that big.




















Closer to earth we have snowdrops. There is so much more that can't be seen from the road.





















And more all the time. When the chain saw work was done, I installed a second energy vortex transmitter/receiver. I have found that glass is a better conductor than tin foil.





















I plan to install a third one after my ripple drinker resupplies me with jugs. Then there will be three energy vortex transmitter/receivers in a triangle pattern for the best reception and the most attraction for a roadside spectacle.


6 comments:

Lola said...

Land or air, it is all beautiful.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Tee hee...love the receptors. It is interesting that your place is so noticable from above. The picture of our place on Google is old. I like seeing your place from above or at sight height. Diane is the orange color in my garden.

Christopher C. NC said...

That is what I aim for Lola, beautiful, at least in the eye of this beholder.

Lisa I wasn't sure Creation would even be in google's earth view. Last time I looked my house wasn't there. It looks like we got updated about two years ago. My energy vortex transmitter receivers are at path intersections in the garden, sort of like traffic circles. I'm good with two shades of 'Diane'. Now I want to plant some by the chimney.

Barry said...

Standing remains of shattered tree trunk + chainsaw = moai. Just need to see which way he's looking from within the trunk, yeah?

Christopher C. NC said...

A moai with some Pele fire hair.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Can't wait to see what you carve.