Thursday, February 12, 2015

Meatball Soup

It started snowing at noon after the temperature had dropped to 25 from the morning high of 30.



























The wind ebbed down a notch when the snow began which made it slightly more possible to venture outside. It was blowing big time this morning with passing flurries. Wind chilly for sure.





















Once it started, it came down fast and thick. Two more arctic intrusions are scheduled to follow. What ever falls won't be melting any time soon. I will be pretty much house bound for a week with temperatures well below my minimum operating thresh hold.

And that made me think of making some warm and hearty meatball soup. I just needed a few more ingredients.





















So over the river and through the woods to the well stocked pantry next door. I told you it was coming down fast and thick. The ground was covered by the time I got there.





















And it was beginning to pile up on my way back.





















Snow is good. Any insulation on the ground will help reduce the depth of freezing into the soil when the high on Sunday is a suggested 22. Less ground freezing means the plants are better able to take up water and stay hydrated as the winds blow wicked and cold. I will be seeing a bunch of single digit lows. The faucet will be dripping.





















And I will have a vat of meatball soup to carry me through.


2 comments:

Lola said...

Never heard of meatball soup. Do stay warm, my friend.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The soup looks hearty. I hope you have a couple of books to read while it is cold.