Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Run Toto Run

Right in this group of trees, up at the top of the driveway, flying through the air is where it will be. It's just best I wait til the snow melts. Previous experience with high shiny balls and ladders in snow proved a bit dangerous.





















I have left over cable and eye hooks from the mini loft library railing project. I went to the store today and bought the last packet of 1/8" ferrules they had. One packet was not enough and it was the wrong size for the 1/8" cable. Apparently I forgot that detail. Hopefully that will mean they are not out of the larger size I need when I go back after it snows.

The new basket is on. I even found some golden tassels in my collection of debris. It is ready to hang.





















After a dash of morning sun, the sky turned a thick steel grey. A stillness settled in. We wait for it to begin. There is hope under the threat of another winter storm.



























How much more will get added on top? Does it really matter?





















Unfortunately it does. There isn't going to be much melt time before Saturday's arrivals. A whole lot of snow may mean I have to shovel the 200 foot long driveway to the house next door.

I'm ready for spring.





















But spring is not ready to come. In stillness, the snow has begun.

It looks like the heavy snow is staying south. I'm in the 3 to 5 inch coverage zone. But I will get the cold north wind wrap around of this storm, the part where more snow piles up along the Tennessee border.

Next week will be spring.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Just love your pics 3, 5, and 6! Never knew witch hazel was so beautiful! Thx!!!

Christopher C. NC said...

The Witch Hazels are my new favorite shrub and they are still only little twigs.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Come on spring. I thought you might be trying to ride a bike in the snow. ha..Now that make a funny picture in my mind.

Unknown said...

Love the witch hazels and hope to plant some of my own in the fall. Where is the bike going?

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I would not be riding that bike even without snow up here. Going down hill might be ok. Coming back up is not an option.

Michele I am going to suspend the bike in the air in that group of trees in the first picture using thin silver cable so it looks like it is flying through the air on its own.

Unknown said...

For Halloween you can put a witch on the bike; on second thought, that probably is not what you are going for!

Christopher C. NC said...

The witch will be left up to the viewers imagination. Once I suspend the bike, holiday decorating isn't likely to happen.

Lola said...

What a way to go. I love it.

Robin said...

Do not even think of shoveling the drive. We can park at the top, in the neighbor's drive or in the turnaround. We will make do.

Christopher C. NC said...

Who's gonna shovel the top, the neighbor's drive or the turn around? Snow falls in equal measure and then the plow and grader pile it up along the side of everything.