Saturday, February 14, 2015

Incoming

The coldest, snowiest, most wickedest week of the Siberolinian winter is arriving on an actual roaring wind. I'm back safely in the cozy cabin after a short pond check and restocking excursion. It's all downhill from here on out, all the way to the end of the extended diagnosis.




















I'm seeing some book shelf and cabinet organizing in my week ahead. I even have another house to clean and get ready to turn back on now that I know the return date is February 28th, two weeks sooner than I last heard. I don't know, will winter be over by then?

I certainly won't be getting any prep work done in the roadside vegetable garden. My dung pile is and will continue to be a rock solid block of poo.





















This is what they see until it is covered in snow again. I sit by my window and watch cars pass by, stop, back up and stop again for a better view. It is still a bit unnerving ... and a bit flattering. I wave now if I am on the front porch.





















One day they will be able to see these. It is my hope that the Witch Hazels will follow the seemingly faster growth rate of the deciduous plants compared to the evergreens. Something other than the Lush needs to grow fast up here.



























The energy vortex transmitter/receivers should help.



























The snow has begun. There is the suggestion now that the snow on Monday and Tuesday could be a lot. That would be good because there are some single digits scheduled to arrive after that. Some insulation from that kind of cold is a very good thing.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

We only received a sprinkle of snow. It is 5F this morning. Sigh~~ Winter is still here. A song sparrow is singing this morning. Amazing to me to hear it in this cold. Your veggie garden looks all neat and tidy.

Christopher C. NC said...

-2 this morning with half an inch of snow. I'm seeing 5 to 10 inches suggested for the Monday/Tuesday snow.