Monday, February 2, 2015

Starting Over From Scratch

It rained all night and kept raining intermittently well into the early morning dark. It rained so much it melted all the snow piled on the ground. I woke up to find Siberolina had vanished.





















Once my eyes focused I saw that a very fine miniscule snow was already falling. It picked up volume quickly and in forty five minutes, Siberolina was back.





















I woke up to a fresh blank slate. The under garden had returned.





















Then it was all gone on a howling wind before I had even finished my morning coffee.





















It has snowed steadily all day long. The wind howled continuously. It is still snowing. The diagnosis was for a Winter Weather Advisory. It should have been for a Winter Storm Warning. There was nothing advisable about being out there today.





















My big adventure for the day was putting a pencil, eraser and a sharpener on the table next to my neatly stacked and organized pile of tax crap. Let the tabulations begin.





















Then I ran out of energy.

There is a reason for that. I have been in slow computer hell for well over a week with no logical determining cause. I have done every kind of computer house cleaning I can think of. Sometimes I get lucky and enjoy a half hour of normal function before it returns to a sluggishness that at times approaches death.

The hours between 7 and 11pm are the worse. I wonder if Hughes satellite got dinged with some space debris. At one point I lost all contact and had no service at all. More likely they are already giving over the internet fast lane to preferred - prepaid customers. The rest is slowed to a crawl.

The struggle for normal internet function is draining.





















I don't bother calling to complain. The first thing they ask is how's the weather. They always want to blame the crappy service on the weather. Well the weather has been sucking of late, but I can get normal function and fine speeds in the middle of a blizzard and when there is not a cloud in the sky the internet can all but stop working.

This too shall pass one hopes.





















For a short moment this morning the blank slate of the garden before spring came in to view. If there were any groundhogs poking their heads out, they dove back in their burrows pretty fast.

The Siberolinan winter is still here.


No comments: