Monday, February 23, 2015

Trapped By Indecision

I blame it on the dung. If it wasn't for the mountainous mound of manure needing feeding I might not have come down the driveway. I knew it was risky. The poop was backing up at the Posh Estate. A load of it needed to go.

Now I am stuck.





















Yesterday it was warm and a melt commenced. This morning it was cold and a snow commenced.





















Then things changed and it went back to melting. Now it is turning cold again and the snow might come back.





















You see, the driveway is at the horrible stage of melt after a deep penetrating freeze where there is a layer of melt on top of the frozen. It is too warm to refreeze and too cold to melt completely.

This is my driveway after making an attempt to get up it this morning and then raking out the deep mud ruts I made in the effort. That long dark streak on the right is the imprint left by a mud covered tire in fresh white snow while coming back down.

Now I have to wait. Will it freeze or will it thaw? It has to do one or the other. Until then I am stuck.





















This indecisiveness shows up every year at some point. I do know better. I could live without this crap, but it is free for the taking and well, we all know, stuff happens. I blame it on the dung. Time will wipe things clean.

Since I was stuck, I put on my layers and went on a stick pickup patrol. Without any wind, even the not cold enough to freeze and not warm enough to thaw is tolerable enough for a short stroll. I saw lots more snowdrops and the very first signs of the 10,000 daffodils.

A decision of some sort may be coming soon.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You got snow tires and perhaps some chains? I've very often thought that steep drives in the frigid climes should have horizontal grooves to give tires more traction. I sense your frustration.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am sorry I laughed. I also laughed at my Dearly Beloved yesterday as he got our truck hung up right beside our driveway. It slid off the road into a flower bed. ugh...Funny anyway. You need 4wd for such times.

Lola said...

Sorry you got stuck.