Friday, February 27, 2015

Just To Get To The Front Door

The front porch isn't covered and the roof drips two feet from the door. There used to be gutters, but a big snow ripped them off the house. Since no one is supposed to be here in the winter, it usually isn't a problem. Who cares how deep the snow gets?

Tomorrow afternoon it will be a problem. People are arriving with all their stuff and they have to get to the front door.





















It's a long way from the scenic byway just to get to the front porch. While I was told don't bother to shovel the driveway, we'll make do. I wasn't seeing that as a viable option. Lucky I have time on my hands while gardens are buried in snow.

Let the shoveling begin.





















Did I mention it was a long way from the scenic byway to the front door? That is why I started shoveling a day early.





















I could do half today and half tomorrow.





















Unshoveled, there will still be snow on the ground tomorrow evening.



























Shoveled, there is the good possibility the melt will clear the snow down to the gravel drive. It will be close. There might be some remnants.





















There is just one big problem at the bottom of the drive on the edge of the scenic byway. Thanks a lot snow plow dude. That's what I get for closing the gate. When I left it open in past winters he shoved the pile a few extra feet so as not to block the driveway.

Piles like that are like avalanche snow, hard and compacted and a pain to shovel. Thanks a bunch snow plow dude.





















I'll finish shoveling tomorrow and turn on the water, clean the filters, crank up the heat, turn the refrigerator back on, put a few things in it and stock kitty supplies.





















Someone is moving tomorrow if I can get her to go for a walk through the snow. It's a long way to the front door. It may take some coaxing.


6 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Would that certain someone be of the furry persuasion?

Christopher C. NC said...

Yes. Her mama is coming home, so Miss Dinah is shipping out.

Unknown said...

Where is Miss Dinah going? And what about Button and Collar?....am I missing something...?

Unknown said...

Forgot to ask if your Mom has seen pic #1?

Christopher C. NC said...

Dinah is my mom's cat. She spends the winter with me instead of going to Florida with her. A snow and ice covered porch is nothing new for mom. I hope it is finished melting by the time they get here. The main trouble is the melting snow on the roof.

Lola said...

It's hard to shovel when one can't get to the shovel. Lol.