Friday, April 29, 2016

Eight Years And Ten Months Later

I sat down in the basement patio.





















And it was good. I did not want to get back up.





















A table and chairs have come to live there. It is no longer a pass through space. It is a fully functioning destination. The purpose is to sit, relax and enjoy the view. It will make a fine place for al fresco candle light suppers and morning coffee.





















I will blend in to the scenery and watch the traffic pass me by. And it will be good.





















The south west exposure could prove a challenge for a few hours of the setting sun. I may need a pair of shades, for my eyes, not the patio. I don't want to mess it up with blinds.

The new furniture is completely mobile. It can move with the sun or shade, rain or clear skies. I'll set there and see what happens. I have a functioning basement patio and bird's eye view now to watch the Lush explode.





















Meanwhile at the Posh Estate, Lorelei has arrived.


3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am so happy for you that you finally have a comfortable perch to view your garden. I bet you use the heck out of this spot now. It looks so inviting. Amazing that it has been almost 9 years since you started this journey. I feel like I have been a part of it.
Lorelei is a beauty.

Rebecca said...

I've been "away for awhile...How amazing to come back and see that incredible basement patio! When I have time, I'm going to scroll back to see photos of how you accomplished that brick accent.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I am thrilled to have a working patio. Yes you have been a part of this journey.

Welcome back Rebecca. I was playing with the brick inlay patterns in November and December last year. It is in the archives.