Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Black Blue And Yellow

It's here. If the only bearded iris in all the wild cultivated gardens to bloom other than Lorelei the Reliable is the Black Iris, I can live with that. It's so black. Until the wrong light hits it and the deep purple shines through.





















Today, the first bloom was black.



























Today there was also more blue.





















I'm beginning to see the wisdom in not relying on the bearded iris for all your iris blooms. Other iris aren't so temperamental.



























And today there was more yellow. Even shocked by late frost, the Yellow Louisiana Iris managed to put out some blooms.


2 comments:

Danna said...

I just love blue and yellow blooms side by side...one of my favorite color combinations! So many of your photos are begging to be framed and displayed year 'round. :-)

Lola said...

I agree with Danna. So pretty.