Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Making Progress

The new computer is hooked up and running. I'm clicking all the buttons, wandering around and learning. Picasa is my new photo editor. I can do water marks with it. There are many more days of getting used to this and getting things working the way I want.

One oddity is Office which contains Word is listed as a program on this new computer. I can't access it and I tried, without Word, the new computer cannot read any of my documents.

The monopoly is about to extract more money from me and win again.


3 comments:

j.d.h. said...

Hey, Chris. You can upload Word documents to Googledocs (or Gooogle Drive as it's now called) you do have to have a Google account. It's a monopoly of a different brand, but it's free and it should also play nicely with Picasa.

Christopher C. NC said...

Thanks jdh. That's just the nudge I needed to try the similar thoughts I was having this morning on the way to work. Google Drive read the Word Doc, just to spite Microsoft no doubt, and I was able to print it. You helped me save a $140 bucks.

j.d.h. said...

Great! I am glad I could help.