Saturday, May 24, 2014

Is It Time To Panic

On our evening stroll today I saw all kinds of garden chores that need doing. Of course that is nothing new. Being on the Master Gardener tour in one month is new. These chores need to get done.





















The two deutzias indeed froze to the ground. They are sprouting from the bottom and need to be cut down before the new growth has to fight its way through all the dead parts.





















I found another froze to the ground rose and a dead looking patch of St. John's Wort. Those need to
go.





















There may be a few weeds here and there. Paths need tending.





















I looked at the calendar and the two weeks prior to the tour in which I will only be working here and at the Posh Estate. That's on the tour too. It has to be perfect.

I'm not sure I have given myself enough days in the wild cultivated gardens to prepare.





















What to do? What to do?

From now until the tour, evening strolls are out. I will have to spend an hour after dinner each night working in the ridge top garden and beyond.



























If I can pull that off it will amount to several extra days worth of work. That should do it.





















We will be ready.





















Something will be in bloom on the day of the tour. I'm not sure what.





















I noticed a few other things on our evening stroll and a month from now they will all be done.





















Look deep into the shiny ball. It doesn't matter. These are the wild cultivated gardens, a living example of gardeners with over sized appetites. All will be well. I will not fret or panic. Ohmm.


5 comments:

Danna said...

Did I understand you correctly...that the Posh Estate where you tend their garden is also on the tour? That is a lot of preparation! I hope most of the gardens on the tour have natural woodland paths winding thru the Lush. We're always looking for ideas and designs.

Christopher C. NC said...

Yes my client's garden the Posh Estate is on the tour. The garden styles between here and there are polar opposites. I have been planting a new woodland garden there since last fall.

Lola said...

You will get it all done. Confidence. It sure is pretty.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Don't panic. Your garden is a delight with or without blooms. Everyone will love it.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I feel better since deciding I can do an hour of work each evening.

Lisa you need to come visit again. A lot of gardening has happened since you were last here.