Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Good Enough

Up close and personal autumn is doing fine. I think it is the drive home that is the cause of my disappointment. Most days it has been very sunny and the distant mountains are bleached of color. The ongoing wind gives a dusty cast from the upturned leaves and it all just looks bland.

The drive this morning under partly cloudy skies was a different story. The mountains were glowing.





















All Miss Collar knows is it is a bit too cool in the morning for her tender sensibilities and she won't go out until I leave and force the issue. She poses with pumpkins from the dung pile. Are you sure it's time to go out?



















Remnant asters continue to bloom. I still have mums and the native Witch Hazel is beginning to bloom.



























Autumn moves on bringing more and differnt colors by the day.



























I have been watching for and assisting the under garden to reappear. That will have to carry me through the winter. That and a list of winter chores. That is assuming my work kind work slows down at some point.





















A cozy cabin is tucked in the autumn forest for all the leaf peepers to glimpse.





















This fall is good enough, quite nice actually.





















And the oaks have yet to turn.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I have commented on my blog how "rusty" things appear this year. There is enough color to carry one through fall but it isn't as brilliant as some years. Your pumpkins are pretty.

Lola said...

Love the pumpkins. It's pretty to me.