Friday, October 31, 2014

We Wait

Look. Up in the sky. No, that's just cold rain, though a mini-flurry of ice pellets was thrown in as a warning.





















The diagnosis didn't go there, but everyone kept talking today about a foot of snow. Then they'd look at me - especially for you.





















So I guess the first snow is going to be a big one. I'm interested to see what happens with my baby Kousa Dogwood that is now in full fall color.





















Will the snow knock off all the leaves? Will the low 20 degrees Sunday and Monday morning cook them to a crispy brown?





















Will my still green grasses get crushed under the weight of a heavy wet snow before they have a chance to freeze dry? The diagnosis did mention wet and heavy. It also upped the inches to 8.





















As long as the power stays on all will be well no matter what the first snow decides to do.





















Autumn had to end sometime.



























Tomorrow it will get buried in snow. We wait. It is 36 and raining now. When it gets quiet, I'll know it has started.


4 comments:

Lola said...

Mother will do as she wishes. So it has started!!!!

LostRoses said...

The suspense! We have yet to experience that here but I know it well. Thankfully you've captured all the fall goodness in your photos!

Christopher C. NC said...

It has started Lola.The quiet has arrived.

Lost Roses the biggest suspense is how much will it be?

Rebecca said...

I THINK I've heard y'all got dumped on :)