Saturday, November 8, 2008

Red Oak With Spots

Quercus rubra is the last to go. It stands tall and defiant in an increasingly naked world.



The wild spotlets are gaining momentum. Crawford is looking to be the sweeter and braver of the two, but they are getting harder to catch as their energy level rises. The taming process involves cuddle time with holding and petting. It is best to sneak up on them while they are in a milk coma nap.



Spot and Spook? (still not sure about it) are captured in one frame. That is tough to accomplish during play time which stretches farther and farther afield. I can get close when they are awake, even play with them a bit, but I have to be quick to catch one.



Hopefully they will follow mama Spot's lead who is an ear scratching, leg rubbing, pet me, hog. She isn't real fond of being held though. I wonder if I will ever be able to coax them into the house? It may take the cooperation of the weather.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the little foot held up in a curl, I love that. My Hazel doesn't like to be held at all or picked up? Forget it. So I just let her come to me and get in my lap if she wants to. Most of the time she just wants to be near, I like that. I bet they are cute chasing the leaves and fighting with each other. A happy family.
Frances

Anonymous said...

Hi Christopher! Those three kitties are so cute! I am sure with time they will all want to come in to your cozy cabin and snuggle. Especially when the cold wind starts howling which will be pretty soon.

Chrissy said...

They are adorable. Love the fall photo too. The colors are eye-popping :-)

Anonymous said...

Love that brilliant red. They seem to hold on forever. How mighty they are.
Little kitties looking so good. They seem to be developing their personalities. Maybe with a little age they will come around better.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The weather will definitely be helpful to get them inside. About next spring you will probably be writing "how do I get them out??" and again the weather will be most helpful.

The Spotlets are darling. I do hope you can get them "fixed" before they decide to take off.

chuck b. said...

My cats don't love the pick up either, but I do it anyway. They are remarkably assertive at asking for affection when they want it tho.

Weeping Sore said...

Yum! Kitties AND red foliage. What a lovely post. I like the names, but I bet no matter what you call them, you'll enjoy their company in the coming winter.