Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall With Blue Wood Asters

Fall arrived over the weekend.



Over the course of two days there was a dramatic change in mood.



A low bright sun mixes with a rainbow of of vibrant hues to create an oddly calming effect.



I can step outside and almost forget the most recent carnage from being zapped with an electromagnetic pulse. The resident gardener's refrigerator is dying and it has necessitated a reconstruction of the kitchen to accept a new refrigerator that is four inches wider. The bigger refrigerator was cheaper than one that would fit in the existing space. Aaargh!!



The hillsides have changed from a mottled to green to being speckled with patches of gold, orange and red.



Already leaves are twirling on the twisting mountain roads.



After finishing the final mortaring of the joints in the glass block shower wall, I took a nap on the sofa that fell out of the living room at Client #5's and enjoyed the view from my own window.



Fall is here on the low spot of a North Carolina mountain top.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a view from your own window! A well deserved reward. LOL about the resident gardeners' kitchen; you are paying for that early inheritance! (:
Is the beautiful pink-red in your 2nd to last photo maple-leafed viburnum or just maple? Can't tell from here although suspect the latter.

bev

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! Wow ~ it looks gorgeous already! Enjoy the month ahead as the colors of the forest come alive.

Anonymous said...

Chris - I have never sent a comment to you but I have followed you for a few years now waiting for your little cozy cabin to be completed. Finished or not, I will always enjoy your blog. Warmest regards, Judy

Christopher C. NC said...

Bev I am certainly the assistant handyman around here too. Good training I suppose. It would be nice if it were a bit more spaced out, say one remodel job a year. That is a maple in that picture sprouting from a stump.

Siria I suspect there will still be plenty color when you get here. There is still a lot of green too.

Hi Judy. A few years waiting for the cozy cabin to be finished. Tell me about it. Soon. I am so close. When the cabin is done I will still be living in a most beautiful place and gardening away.

Lola said...

Wow, what a beautiful view. And it's your view. Gorgeous is all I can say as it's breath taking.
A well deserved nap.
I agree it would be nice to just have one project like that-- one a yr.