Saturday, October 2, 2010

This Sofa

Fell out of the living room at Client #5's. I brought it home to plant in my new living room. I love it. It is hard to tell in the picture, but the gold tone of the brocade fabric, so works with the Marigold walls. It is long enough and deep enough to sleep on, in near mint condition and better still it was free. Sometimes it pays to be a peasant gardener.



The Fairegarden Sheffie Mums are having their orange like opening phase in solidarity. Next to the blue New England Asters it is a foreshadowing of what lies below inside the cozy cabin. Yes of course I planned this.



The Chicory blue is closer to Laura Ashley Sky Blue #3 though. And soon enough the Sheffie Mums will turn a salmon colored pink, a giant mound of solid pink.



Isn't it a lovely sofa? It is the first Ec in the eclectic to follow.



The front roadside bed is quite eclectic in a way and putting on a spectacular season finale.



Yes of course I planned this.

9 comments:

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! I love your new couch. It not only looks great with the color on your walls, but it looks great on your floors too. Those sheffie mums are gorgeous as is the roadside bed. It is all coming into place so nicely (well planned of course!)

Christopher C. NC said...

Siria I can't believe my stroke of good fortune with this sofa. It is so perfect and saves me the trauma of having to pick something. I really like its faux antique mood.

Lola said...

Wow, your new sofa looks gorgeous in your new living room. It is all coming together. You are so fortunate to be around at the right time.
The roadside garden still looks very lovely. I must get some of the Sheffie Mum. My others are doing great. Nice for this time of yr.
I've added more grasses. I really like them.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I sure was in the right place at the right time. They said their daughter changed her mind about the sofa and it needed a new home. I saw a bright yellow mum at another clients in a horrible location blooming beautifully. I remember it from weeding before. Come spring I think I need to move it to a more visible location. I'm sure some division will be in order. These particular mums that perennialize well are the Korean type mums according to Frances.

Kitty said...

That sofa is perfect with the color on the walls. What wonderfully good fortune. :-)

Anonymous said...

That sofa couldn't have looked any better if you'd planned it! Congrats on your gift! I love it - 'peasant gardener.' (:

ps hope you get your truck fixed - our minivan engine light has been on for months and it needs inspection in Nov.

bev

Anonymous said...

Dear Christopher, some things are just meant to be, like that sofa so matching the wall color and your eclectic tastes. And the combination of asters, mums, goldenrods, chicory and muhly. It looks fabulously wild and almost unkempt, in a studied sort of way. I look forward to seeing what else falls into your space. :-)
Frances
ps thanks for the linkage, and those are indeed the Korean type of mums, quite hardy.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You lucky dog. That sofa is perfect for your CC. You must be living right.

chuck b. said...

The perfect couch for the cozy cabin! I love it when the perfect thing happens.

I had nearly forgotten about the Sheffie Mums...wonderful to see them again.